A downloadable game for Windows
Destroy the Death Star in a VR remake of a 1983 Atari classic arcade game. Pilot an X-Wing as you destroy TIE fighters, Turbolaser turrets, and avoid Darth Vader while making an attack run. Created at the University of Utah by Dylan Stout as a research project on Virtual Reality Sickness.
Full gameplay video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1XFaFUmAe2M
|Updated||1 day ago|
|Published||24 days ago|
|Release date||24 days ago|
|Tags||3D, Atmospheric, Flying, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, sitting-simulator, Space, Unity, Virtual Reality (VR)|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Oculus Rift, OSVR (Open-Source Virtual Reality), HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, Valve Index|
|Links||YouTube, Twitter, Blog|
- Unzip entire contents of "Project Stardust vX.zip" to install directory of your choice. (X to signify version number)
- Install SteamVR if not already installed (Free)
- Run "Project Stardust.exe" to launch game. This should open SteamVR and VR platform specific software to run game, along with the game launcher.
- At game launcher, select graphical quality and resolution for your system capabilities.
- Default - 2k Textures, no Anti-aliasing, Bloom lowest quality, no shadows
- High - 4k Textures, 2x MSAA, Bloom medium quality, no shadows
- Ultra - 4k Textures, 4x MSAA, Bloom highest quality, medium view distance shadows
- (Optional) If VR controllers used, check controls layout in readme and follow instructions to remap to your liking in SteamVR settings.
- (Optional) If HOTAS or Gamepad used, check controls layout in readme and follow instructions for custom remap in the game settings when launched.
- Click "Play" to launch Project Stardust and continue in VR headset
- Point VR controllers at menu items and press UI Interaction button to navigate main menu.
- If controllers do not show up in main menu continue to Troubleshooting Steps
- [Added] Created a full html user README for running and configuring the game
- [Added] Controller support & extended HOTAS support with Rewired
- [Added] Default keyboard and gamepad mappings
- [Added] Controller remapping scene on Desktop in main menu
- [Added] Virtual HOTAS in cockpit can now be toggled, grabbed, and rotated with oculus touch controllers (not tested on other systems) control over X-Wing flight with virtual hotas not fully implemented
- [Added] Ability to hide/show virtual HOTAS in cockpit
- [Added] Ability to hide/show controllers in hands
- [Updated] Change WMR controller layout to allow all cockpit actions via directional touch-pad mappings.
- [Updated] Change Dashboard button colliders to be larger and have no overlap to allow for easier use.
- [Updated] New textures for player wings and engines, for better fidelity when compressed in release
- [Updated] Change compression ratios on larger textures to hopefully prevent the start crashes that seem to happen erratically on some systems. Think this may be a texture memory limitation issue, due to the fact that I pre-load the entire player X-Wing model/textures on startup since they require the most memory in a scene.
- [Updated] Death Star Texture on Stage One & Three
- [Fixed] Shadow near field plane on Ultra settings causes flickering; removed near field plane.
- [Fixed] WMR mapping for roll movement is now not inverted in default mapping
- [Fixed] Set skeleton default mappings for Index finger movements. Not able to test if poses still work while gripping controllers.
- [Fixed] Valve Index recenter action not mapped on controllers
- [Fixed] Auto-targeting gets stuck on some Tie Fighters even when switching out of Auto-aim mode
- [Fixed] Increased timer for allowable "Out of Bounds" travel time.
- Project Stardust - Update 0.811 day ago